Spring 2018 - Bill 2: Growth and Diversification Act
Bill 2: the Growth and Diversification Act will stimulate growth across sectors to create more jobs, more economic diversification and more training for the high-tech sector by leveraging existing programs and introducing new programs.
The act will:
- create 3,000 new tech spaces in post-secondary institutions
- invest in new scholarships and programs to support a high-tech workforce
- launch an Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- continue support for the existing Alberta investor and capital investment tax credit programs
- strengthen Alberta’s ties with the unmanned aerial systems sector
Alberta's economic future is looking up, but there's more work to be done to protect what we've gained and sustained, and continue on a path of economic diversification.
This Bill will boost two significant tax credit programs, the AITC and CITC, and introduce investments in to the growing Interactive Digital Media and technology sectors, fostering new investment, encouraging innovation, and accelerating growth in new industries.
Leveraging existing programs and investing in new technologies will create more jobs and further diversify the economy and make life better for Albertans.
Preparing Albertans for tech-sector jobs (Mar. 14, 2018)'
Throne speech focused on Albertans’ priorities (Mar. 8, 2018)
New opportunities for Alberta tech, digital media (Mar. 8, 2018)
Tax credit spurs growth in northern Alberta (Feb. 21, 2018)