Job Posting: Edmonton-Riverview Constituency Office Assistant – Part time
Hon. Lori Sigurdson, MLA is seeking to fill a part-time (20 hours) position of Constituency Assistant in the Edmonton Riverview Constituency Office.
General Description: Reporting to the Member of the Legislative Assembly, under the direction of the full-time Constituency Assistant, this position involves office administration, constituent advocacy, community outreach and organizing.
- Assist in ensuring that the office is accessible to constituents though regular and consistent hours of operation, answering phone calls, e-mails and other correspondence
- Assist with office administration duties, including budgeting and file management, liaising with the Legislative Assembly Office when necessary
- Assist with advocacy work on behalf of constituents in need of support from various government programs (AISH, Alberta Works, WCB, MEP etc.) on a case by case basis (casework)
- Assist with outreach to community organizations and non-governmental organizations and individual constituents as directed
- Assist the full-time Constituency Assistant with MLA scheduling and outreach activities when required
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Academic degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Above average written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly motivated team
- Familiarity with MS-Windows, MS-Office, databases
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- A demonstrated commitment to community volunteerism
- Familiarity with programs run by Alberta Works, AISH, MEP and WCB an asset
Compensation: $23.50/hr. - $25.17/hr. based on experience. The Edmonton-Riverview Constituency Office is an employment equity employer.
Please send application by 4:30 PM on Wednesday, December 12 to:
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please fill out the following form to apply.