Posted on Nov 13, 2018
TOP FIVE REASONS OUSTING JOHN CARPAY WILL BE AWKWARD FOR JASON KENNEY
For immediate release
November 13, 2018
EDMONTON – John Carpay is in the news for saying the pride flag is like a swastika.
Here are some of the things he said before he got Jason Kenney's endorsement as the Rosa Parks of bigotry:
- Called the Pride flag “offensive” and “a symbol of discrimination and oppression, representing an intolerant ideology that denounces as hateful and bigoted and homophobic anyone who dares to disagree with it.”
Prince Albert Daily Herald, May 9 2017
- Said Bill 10, legislation that defined GSAs, set up “ideological clubs” in schools.
National Post, April 23 2015
- Called for Alberta to use the notwithstanding clause to overrule the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench ruling that legalized same-sex adoption. Said the courts only accepted “the ‘scientific’ evidence of the gay lobby.”
The Alberta Report, January 3 2000
- Said the Vriend decision, which made it illegal to fire someone for being gay, declared “that practicing sodomy is worthy of the same respect as practicing Islam, Christianity or Judaism.”
Calgary Herald, October 9 2000
- Said “I am totally opposed to the homosexual political agenda.”
Vancouver Sun, October 14 1994